Beauty is more than just a beautiful face, beauty is an inner phenomenon. Beauty lies in the heart of every person, the more there is, the more radiating and beautiful the person.
Our skin is a reflection of the internal systems of the body. Most beauty treatments today stress only on the external physical needs without paying attention to what’s on the inside. The truth is you can radiate only when every cell of the body is healthy and glowing from within.
What causes skin problems?
1. Age- Every age group faces their own set of skin problems.
2. Weather- Summer calls for oily, acne-prone skin. Winters are all about dry and itchy skin.
3. Lifestyle- Overexposure to sun and winds, not having a skin-care routine, not keeping yourself hydrated, excessive smoking and drinking, keeping awake at night regularly.
4. Diet- Not eating according to your body-type, irregular eating; leading to digestion problems.
Tips to have a glowing skin:-
1. Know your doshic skin-type to choose your skincare routine. While it’s okay to use packaged products for your skin once in a while, best skin-care routine is the one with homemade natural ingredients. Truth is, no packaged product can be “herbal” or “natural” no matter how much the brand claims to be. They all contain chemicals, read through the ingredients if you’d want to believe that.
2. Exercising causes perspiration. Practicing fast-paced Suryanamaskar will boost the blood circulation and increase sweating as a result of increase in body temperature. Sweating leads to elimination of waste and toxins from the body ultimately causing the skin to glow.
3. Follow a healthy diet for a healthy skin. While raw foods, salads and fruits are great for skin, eating too much of raw also leads to over-burdening of digestive system causing other health problems like joint pain and indigestion. The idea is to have the perfect balance between eating raw and cooked foods.
4. Gentle face massages work wonders on your skin. Massaging around the eyes, lips and cheeks at bedtime, in circular motions with Ayurvedic oils like Kukumadi, Turmeric oil will help you get a glowing skin.
5. Flex the facial muscles more often. Smile often and practice some facial exercises to stretch facial muscles. This can help you avoid wrinkles in the long run.
6. As cliché as it may sound, getting good sleep is the primary step to getting a glowing skin. You may indulge in the best skin-care routine in the world, eat the healthiest foods but if not for enough sleep; everything is going to fail!
7. Meditation helps to achieve inner peace. The more content a person is from within, the more balanced and radiating his aura is from the outside. Yogis shine from within and without, often with riddance to make-up.
A healthy and glowing skin is not one or two of the above; it is a beautiful blend of all the above factors. So smile often, love yourself more and add beauty to the world!
DISCLAIMER: While we have taken steps to check the accuracy of information & practices shared here; it is not a replacement for a doctor’s opinion. it is important to first always check with your own doctor before trying any medication, practice or suggestion from this site.