Good and glowing skin – we all want it but hardly any of us can confidently say that we’re blessed with it and can keep it that way, even when we’re regularly exposed to so much dirt and pollution.
If you’re always in the quest for healthy skin, here’s a great expert recommended skin care list that you should definitely take a look at.
Your Skin Will Love You For This
- Increase water intake to keep the skin moist, eliminate harmful toxins and get healthy looking skin.
- Include essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals in your diet to nourish your skin and keep it plump and youthful.
- Aerobic exercises can increase the oxygen level in the body and give you firm and youthful skin.
- Free radicals can cause wrinkles and dry and dull skin. Eat carrots, spinach, berries, grapes, citrus fruits, tomatoes and sweet potatoes to get necessary anti-oxidants and neutralize the damage.
- Use skin nourishing herbal and Ayurvedic skin care products instead of those with harmful ingredients. These contain anti-oxidants and skin essential vitamins such as vitamin A and E, reduce under eye dark circles and wrinkles, slow down ‘melanin’ production and brighten skin tone.
- Sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours daily to fights stress and replenish your skin.
- Maintain skin hygiene. Have a cleaning, toning and moisturizing routine to keep skin fresh and radiant. Use organic actives enriched skin care products and cosmetics as per age and skin requirements.
- Remove makeup before retiring to bed. Use a night cream with skin essential nutrients and antioxidants to replenish and rejuvenate your skin.
These Can Harm Or Irritate The Skin
Image Credit: dermstore
- Avoid harsh sun rays between 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. in summers. Apply a sunscreen every day.
- Avoid crash dieting as repeatedly loosing and regaining weight causes premature wrinkles and skin marks.
- Avoid harsh, chemical based cosmetics. Synthetic chemicals in creams and lotions can damage the skin. Use skin-friendly, organic products.
- Manage stress as it can cause pimples, premature wrinkles and fine lines.
- Avoid foods with high fats and spices as they can cause pimples, allergy and redness.
- Avoid using scented soaps with high pH value as these can rob your skin’s natural moisture.
These tips from Mr. S.C. Sehgal, MD and Founder Ozone Group of Companies and owner of Ozone Ayurvedics, which uses traditional ayurvedic beauty methods for skin care, can help you keep your skin naturally healthy and beautiful.
DISCLAIMER: While we have taken steps to check the accuracy of information & practices shared here; it is not a replacement for a doctor’s opinion. it is important to first always check with your own doctor before trying any medication, practice or suggestion from this site.